Fire Safety Awareness Online Training
This new mobile-responsive eLearning course uses a scroll-down interactive design, where the learner moves at their own pace. The goals of this course are to:
• Develop a general awareness of fire safety, including fire prevention, detection, and suppression
• Foster an understanding of the types of fire extinguishers, and how and when to use them
• Prepare workers with the knowledge required to identify, assess, and manage fire risks in their workplace
After completion of this course, you should be able to understand:
- Recognize major causes of fire in Canada Define fire tetrahedron, and describe the components of fire tetrahedron
- Summarize the relationship between fire tetrahedron and fire prevention
- Explain fire detection, and the subsequent actions taken following detection
- Differentiate types of fire extinguishers and recognize their applications
- Describe the PASS method, and how it is to be used for fire suppression
- What is the ‘Fire Triangle’?
- What are the different classes of fires?
- How to use and maintain the different types of fire extinguishers
- How to prevent fires from starting and spreading